Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Another Year, Another Adventure

It's that time of year again...People to People travel season!

This summer I'm fortunate enough to be traveling with a small group of local junior high and high school students out of the Burbank area. We will be "blending" with a larger delegation from the Pennsylvania area. Unfotunately, we won't get to meet our other cohorts until we are already abroad. 

This summer I'm traveling on an itinerary to Greece and Italy, rightfully titled "Modern and Ancient Civilizations." The last time I was in Greece was back in December 2010/January 2011 for a winter study abroad program through my university. Well, that didn't exactly go as planned - by the third day, I was hospitalized in a Greek hospital in Crete. Talk about an experience of a lifetime. 

I travelled to Italy back in March 2014 with my mom - so I am excited to go back. I absolutely loved my time there! 

We'll be gone for about 20 days - starting our program in Greece and ending in Rome, Italy. 

During our last program, I tried in earnest to update the blog every day but we were inundated with so many activities each day (and I was often too tired when we retreated back to our hotel room each evening) that it was difficult to keep up.

However, I will try again this summer. Hopefully, I do a better job than I had previously. 

Until then - buongiorno!

No comments:

Post a Comment