Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

The adventure begins

Hello, friends!

I decided to start another blog specifically for my adventures and activities with People to People Student Ambassadors - the organization that I volunteer and travel with during the summer.

I've worked with People to People for the last two years after my BTSA support provider recommended the program to me, after hearing about my love of all things travel related. At the time, I was looking for opportunities to travel and work with students (two of my passions!)

People to People is an organization that offers elementary, middle, and high school students unique trips abroad and domestically that are designed to increase global awareness and readiness for success during a two- or three-week program.

The organization hires teachers that work with students over the course of an eight to nine month period, preparing and training them for the programs they will embark on over the summer. Although the teachers are not paid, we get the opportunity to travel on these two- or three-week programs during the summer - and for a travel junky like me, that is often compensation enough.

Last summer, I had the opportunity to work with a group of elementary school students (5th and 6th graders) and we traveled to England and France on the Tale of Two Cities itinerary.


This year, I again have the opportunity to travel with a great group of students to Europe for 21 days on the European Heritage program. We will be traveling to England, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the Netherlands - and I'm so excited!

Stay tuned for my adventures…

No comments:

Post a Comment